The Diocesan Museum is among Milan’s major cultural poles – located inside one of the most important monumental complexes of the urban fabric, it stands out for its history, location and collections.
It is based near the Darsena, redeveloped for EXPO Milan 2015 and definitely one of the most interesting neighbourhoods in the city.
It is housed in the Cloisters of Sant’Eustorgio, a complex also comprising the late-Romanesque Basilica and the Dominican monastery. The exhibition spaces, opened in 2001, occupy the second cloister, which was renovated after being heavily damaged during WWII, and set up to host the permanent collection of the museum. The collection comprises approximately 800 artworks dating between the 4th and the 21st century – from those tightly linked to the territory of the Diocese and the figure of Saint Ambrose, to Lucio Fontana’s sacred art.
Conferences, dinner events, concerts, shows and private parties can be held in the Archconfraternity Hall (250 square metres) and in the lovely cloister, with a global surface of over 2,000 square metres, 600 of which under a portico and 1,400 of well-trimmed lawn.
The cloister is perfect for receptions and dinner events, especially when the weather is nice and the tables and furniture enter in a dialogue with the row of paired columns supporting the arches of the portico, masterfully lit. The size of the cloister allows installing a tensile structure, thanks to which the space can be used even when the weather is not at its best. Any kind of event, from ten to a thousand people, can be held in this priceless and exclusive setting, a venue full of charm and culture, a bridge between the present and the past.
The Cloister of the Diocesan Museum is a large green area in the centre of Milan, full of history and extraordinary charm.
It is the perfect place for receptions and dinner events, especially when the weather is nice and the tables and furniture enter in a dialogue with the 14th-century colonnade, providing an evocative background for many different setups. Receptions held both during the day and in the evening enjoy the spectacular setting of the colonnade. Especially at night, the columns can be lit to create amazing effects.
The Archconfraternity Hall, a 240-m2 space located in the inner portion of the Museum, is equipped with the technical equipment required to host conferences, talks and corporate events, but the remarkable works of art hanging on its walls make it perfect for gala banquets and official events as well.
T’a Milano – email@example.com – 02 97375919 – 340 2851197
|SUMMARY TECHNICAL SHEET
Meeting halls: 2
Greater hall max. occupancy: 250 people
Smaller hall max. occupancy: 30 people
Cloister: 1000 people
Secretary’s room: yes
Square metres of exhibition areas: 40 to 500 m2
Inner banquet hall: yes
Stand-up lunch: 300 people (1000 in the Cloister)
250 people in the Archconfraternity Hall
400 people under the Cloister portico
700 in the Cloister with tensile structure
|TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE
Video projector (PC and DVD connection)
4×5-metre projection screen inside the Archconfraternity Hall
3 desk microphones
3 handheld microphones
2 headset microphones
4 400-W active speakers
WI-FI on the ground floor and in the cloister